Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Remember

The closest person may be you.
I would like to read what he says to you.
Here is what he says to you:
Thank you for all the honey
and the soothing textures
and the talc on my bottom-
so sweet! I'm not here much
but I'm here for some reason.
I saw a stocky bird that was larger than a sparrow
plop down on the sofa. I saw a fern swallow
a man whole when he fell into it
off the porch, much to our surprise.
I simply want to remember certain moments
that I can devour later. But I was so busy
recording them that they are gone now
except for what I wrote about them.
They were playing the radio in a Salvation
Army and a warbler flew into a stack
of books. Do you know that everything
makes me excited while looking at birds
and gladiolas? I have no choice. My work
has no value so I produce like a machine
that just so happens to be aware of itself.
I should sell t-shirts and wine to people
who want something real. Will you be my
valentine? Maybe the card I make for you
will make a nice paper airplane.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes she answers, I'm waiting for you my adoring romeo savior. Yes!

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Todd! It's Mandy from Lincoln! great blog.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Joanna said...

Nice bird poem, TC!

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home