Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Gravitas

I will rustle birds from the sky above you,
I will train them to make formations
that will form letters that will tell you things
to do for me all day long.
I will show you how to be tasteful
on the Internet with some key phrases
that will make you look approachable and friendly.
I will sing you songs of some wild praise. Oh so big a
praise. I will look very professional singing my song of praise.
I've made it. Here I am with this idea
about carrying myself professionally,
in this manner that says “pro.”
I see what you mean
about something over my shoulder.
There are trees getting whipped around
by the wind which is growing more wintry.
I will wrestle you free from your body
during a holiday, or what people mean when they say
that word holiday. Like I would ever find someone
in a surge of people kissing the color blue.
It’s all so dramatic and wild with aces
or lit and still by relaxing amber light.
Perhaps a day like this is broad
and clear and steady. Perhaps
I should feel free to look at it
reflected in a spoon curled just so with pink bisque
at its edges. All wanton and agape,
I am trembling before the tasks.
I shall put things in motion.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

because nothing doesn't hurt :D

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another favorite poem. Thanks, TC.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home