Friday, June 04, 2010

My Plans

When I find the meaning
of feeling fabulous I'll let you
know in a letter that I'll never send
keep you guessing as to my whereabouts
leave messages in other voices
send packages from foreign places
the sidewalk will get cluttered
with chalk writings describing your days
I will do something with a fork that
will allow me to breathe easier
when I leave a room that you are in
I will work on an idea tonight
I will not get overcome by the quaint obstacles
of time and space and shit like that
I will develop a certain method of grinding or hopping
so that the bed will move from the wall
the floor will be slick with silicone
I will rub a word into your back
and you will feel it pleasantly lodged between
your shoulder blades whenever you need me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Kimberly said...

So, so, so very lovely.

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is such a perfectly prickly love poem. I read it aloud to my class on Thursday. You were a hit!

3:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home