Monday, November 09, 2009

Why Not Be Astonished?

I'll construct an album of thoughts,
a little heap of stuff to call my own
and give to you to peruse in your spare time.
Is this how you use your spare time?
My whisper is a rasp
and you can still astonish me
though my hands are chapped from flight.
I am a problem solver with a PHD
serving media fire like a child serves dirt pie.
I manufacture desire for products
that ripple through your brain.
I can tap your reptile and watch you squirm.
This morning my face is smeared and swollen
from flu and medicine and salt.
Won't you barge in and tempt me with
something gleeful and strong? Won't you
lift my spirit into a cracked windshield
rolling down the hill into a mob of feathers?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Advancing the problem where there is no problem is a funny idea <3

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i will make you dirt pie - extra mud! your dirt pie is going to be so big and so awesome that it might not fit in your tiny oven. so i'll bake it in the cobble hill sunshine. yum.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home