Thursday, July 02, 2009

I Will Not Eat a Bird Today

A bird is something you can listen to
and then eat should the feeling of hunger
come to you in the night you can listen
to my breathing. My face can be eaten too -
you wouldn't eat that would you? How
would I smile when you come back home?
I trust that the night will not
make you leap in that direction.
If you haven't made out to Led Zeppelin
then you haven't ever really made out.
I can't stop hopping on one foot.
When you move to me I know what adagio means.
The light makes my heart flutter -
are you hungry? You wouldn't eat my heart
would you? I'm dancing, you should see it -
but I'm not dancing now - I'm thinking
about sky and light and the way the city
is a trumpet blaring into my eyes - can you hear
it in your canyon?

3 Comments:

Blogger VicoLetter said...

oooo...another beauty coming through soft and clear in the prairie canyon.
:) VicoLe

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on! I heart Todd Colby!

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love.

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home