Wednesday, July 01, 2009

My Day

I have a fancy harness that lowers me
into the subway via diamond studs
the emeralds some rubies on my cuffs.
I have attained VIP status in the mass transit system.
I have a sandwich and think about
being here in Brooklyn while
people wander the desert
or stick stickers to notebooks.
There are cars on every block
the buildings here look tall and sketchy
there are a few animals making
dirty sounds and some rabbit is languishing
for the fall of that lily. That honeysuckle tree
is a fragrant drug that I'll pass on.
Put one foot in front of the other
do a math problem at lunch
find a note and let out a little yelp.
Cradle the doorknob like a lover's
wet throat or a doorknob. Think about
the people and do what you can for them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home