Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Wednesday With Pascal






















"We are greatly indebted to those who point out our faults, for they mortify us, they teach us that we have incurred contempt, but they do not prevent us incurring it in the future, for we have plenty of other faults to deserve it. They prepare us for the exercise of correcting and a eradicating a given fault."

"Greatness comes from knowing one is wretched: a tree does not know it is wretched. Thus it is wretched to know that one is wretched, but there is greatness in knowing one is wretched."

"It is not in space that I must seek my human dignity, but in the ordering of my thought. It will do me no good to own land. Through space the universe grasps me and swallows me up like a speck; through thought I grasp it."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pascal and Iowa Poem swallow the reader whole.
Thank you TColby!

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home