Top 10 Sunday (from Iowa)
2) Hearing my breath as I ran and being amazed for an instant that I am in the universe at all.
3) Coming upon a dead deer next to the road with white eyes staring emptily at the sky and me.
4) The crunch of mud that had turned to ice under my running shoes.
5) The nurse with "alternative" tastes in music and her surprise when I knew what she meant.
6) Watching my Dad sleep in a hospital chair and just totally loving him as a the TV played the Super Bowl high on the wall .
7) Driving home from the hospital in the pitch black with my step-mom.
8) Rolling the trash can out to the end of the driveway and noticing the stars and the silence of the Iowa night.
9) Standing at the end of the driveway for a long time and thinking about a lot of shit.
10) The poem I gave my father 20-years ago in a frame in the room I'm writing this from.