Thursday, May 08, 2008

endings

where is that part where I leapt onto the horse and the horse turned into a moth and I crushed the moth because of my weight? where is that part where I walked into a room and the floorboards snapped and I fell to the floor beneath me? where is that part where I opened my mouth so wide that giant manufacturers rushed into the house in order to ask if I was leasing space there? where is that part where some gasoline was poured into a glass and these little bugs all skimmed along the surface while I flicked matches at them? where is that part about air and breath and night and the wet days leading into these? oh where is the part where I run into the ocean forgetful of everything but the solemn charge of endings?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

exquisite --thank u todd.

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Intensely beautiful poem, Todd. Your words offer a tiny space for breath in a hungry, gasping world.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Anon and Kimberly--thank you for the sweetness. Really.

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home