Thursday, June 13, 2013

My Dream Everything

I miss you like Thousand Island Dressing,
like Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate. I miss you
like Bird's Eye Pudding, like Dream Whip,
like green apple Now-or-Laters, like fudge
in a sauce pan. I miss you like peppercorns
on pizza, like desert boots, like strawberry
shortcake from Piccadilly. I miss you like
bike ramps, toasted English muffins, like
chlorine, like Poochie, Corky, Joey, Alice,
Lewis, and Newt. I miss you like Badlands, I miss
you like Rubber Knife Fights, I miss you
like green plastic army men, I miss you like
a three-level tree fort, I miss you like
hiking in the desert of southern Arizona, I miss
you like running through a field in Vermont,
I miss you like eating strawberries off the
vine in the summer, I miss you like the first
glimpse of the ocean after a long winter,
I miss you like sketching on the F train,
I miss you like Peanut Butter Bomb from
Wild Ginger. I miss you like frosted Pop Tarts,
like yellow roses, like drawings for you
in the morning. I miss you like Paris, like
walking through Prospect Park, like finding
a turtle, like sharing popcorn in a movie, like
the smell of roses on your neck, like dancing,
like a slippery glimpse of a lizard on a wall,
like bats darting out of a beam of light, like
swimming in a lake, like cold feet against my
legs, like a morning kiss. I miss you like
just chilling out, like hanging out, like
drowsy movies in bed. I miss you like life,
my dream everything.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you also 52!

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS POEM!!!!

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS POEM!!!!

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful poem!

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home