Thursday, April 25, 2013

Happiness Town

Walking on the outskirts of happiness town, illegible.
Every day I go to work and act like
I am one of them. Patterns of pressed white
shirts. Scan the dot matrix self portrait for
signs of imperfection. I could send you a list of
things to worry about today, but I doubt
you'd make it through even half of them. I think everyone
wants to know someone is interested in their life.
The gazes are vanishing, silt builds on the bottom,
cars drive by slowly and into the night. Just browsing.
I confused the white blossoms blowing from trees
with snow falling from the sky. My skin feels
tight around my body, hankering for a hunk of day,
all wilted and resplendent as a corn flake in cream.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this one!

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home