Friday, March 08, 2013

Morning Results

The feeling that I might
have gotten something right.
That the fingers and toes
on my body seem to be gripping
and poking just fine. I realize
that I can't use the word "impunity"
in a sentence even though I know what it means.
I know the way the wind is blowing from the angle
of the snow outside right now.
I feel a certain restless yet relaxed
feeling when I think of today
and what it may bring. A certain distance
from the way we make a living
is good on a day off and often
encouraged by people who know about
distance and relaxation. The delightful way I felt
while doing a little jig on Union Street
last night as I approached a friend out of the blue.
Some of the best days have very little
to do with productivity or compulsion
to be productive. In fact, the very best days
have nothing to do with productivity or compulsion.
I lift my blue mug up to my lips
and taste the last of the luke warm
coffee. There are only so many days.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This is beautiful. Your poems always bring a sliver of sunshine to my mornings. Thank you.

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this poem so much!

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home