Thursday, August 16, 2012

Body of Water

When you slow down the videotape
of a day at a job, you can see
that your hours have a price
that can be purchased for a salary.
I'll have to think about that
on the day I die, but not right now.
If you observe my hesitancy to
go to work today it just means
it's exactly something o'clock.
I'm lonesome for warm pines and
the hard scrapple of blue jays,
all fierce and cobalt plumed. Actually,
I'd rather be calculating the amount
of steps it takes to leap into something
vast and proficient, like the ocean
or perhaps stuffing my face with cherries;
we recommend these deep red tart ones
from Washington if you want to feel like you're
walking on water, I love you.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you!

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this poem! They just keep comin'....

10:15 AM  
Blogger caro said...

"to leap into something vast and proficient" love this line, the beautiful embrace of the unknown!

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home