Monday, October 03, 2011

Monday Top 10

1) In 5 days I'll be in London with Marianne Vitale.

2) Moscot, Lemtosh.

3)"We would be as, if not more, interested in what people hear in what we say, than in what we think we are saying. And our conversation would then involve us working out, as far as we could, why we prefer some translations to others; and why we find some so offensive. But we would have to do this without believing that there is an original that we can compare the available translations with. The way people describe us, and the ways we describe ourselves, correspond to nothing except other descriptions." -Adam Phillips, from: Promises, Promises: Essays on Poetry and Psychoanalysis

4) One's identity at work vs. one's identity among friends.

5) "The evil that men have done me in no way affects me; only the fear of the evil that they might yet do me is capable of unsettling me; but being certain that they have no new hold over me by which they could affect me for ever, I laugh at all their ploys and enjoy being me in spite of them." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Reveries of a Solitary Walker

6) Shoreditch House, London.

7) Montaigne, always Montaigne.

8) The smell of freshly laundered shirts.

9) Feeling a sweet warmth right above my belly button.

10) The way people behave when their hearts are lighter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home