Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Orange Tan

What a ridiculously hot day can do
is make you sweat all over me.
All of this realism is what makes things
sort of interesting for the people
who can't be here now.
By referring to real things
throughout the day
you can start behaving
like you have a real body
that can do fun things.
I would like to sit down
on the roof and watch
you fly away to some realistic
land just down the block. Brooklyn in the heat
is so meager in the Department of Hope.
I am leaping into position, ready for the
delight that people with orange tans provide.
I will think of the circumstances that led me here
and when I'm done, I will craft an excuse
not to be here at all.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love.

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

solid voice with real integrity.

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home