Wednesday, June 01, 2011

The Island of Manhattan

In a matter of moments
I will travel via tunnel
onto the Island of Manhattan where
they have the best sweet meats
and candies on the planet.
I will sticky all my favorite things
and bathe in the golden light
as it crests over the vibrant plumage
of the people there.
I will not participate in this activity
too much, as I will be more intent
upon a tender show of hygiene
than an actual act of harsh grooming.
I do not wish to startle the native people
on that charming sliver of land,
they have been startled enough.
A gentle shower of sparks
will add to the show.
Around noon in Union Square
a coat of arms shall be unveiled
that will be affixed to a big dusty speaker
from which my voice will be projected
into the canyon-like
expanses between the heat
and the headaches it solves.
Please stop by and say hello.

Love,
Todd

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love!

7:43 PM  
Blogger VicoLetter said...

From way far north
'hello'

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

light when full, heavy when vacuous Hello light.

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home