Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Brooklyn Queens Expressway

This chunk of night can suck it.
The B.Q.E. never stops rumbling,
not even for me. Water jiggles
in my glass, an earthquake of light
folded into a napkin, politely. I watched
Andy Kaufman in bed on YouTube
and felt this kid in me awed
by his creations. That he ever was
is amazing to me. I wanted to be like that
but here I am stooped, carrying boxes up the stairs,
putting shoes on people's feet-
who would have thought I'd be here
all tangled in whatever makes a life.

5 Comments:

Blogger Joanna said...

I like this.

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love.

10:44 AM  
Blogger VicoLetter said...

'all tangled up in whatever makes a life'...
tending the soles of souls

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The chunk of night can suck it"- Great line & great poem!

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honesty shines

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home