Sunday, March 06, 2011

Helium Poem

Would you please bring me something
inflatable with helium in it
to lift me above the cloud cover?
You know, like a balloon of some sort
coated with a narcotic that makes
for a pleasant buzz when inhaled.
Perhaps you could assist me in making
the sun appear certain and buttery and bright?
With any luck we'll get the landscape
to turn all cinnamony like a bun
in an airport with people standing around
glad to see me for the joy I bring
into their lives. With gorgeous chrome springs
in our shoes we'll all begin hopping
like ecstatic children hop
and the asphalt will be glazed with
our lemonade and bike chain oil
and all will be well for an instant
and that's just fine by me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love love love this.

3:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home