Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Rest Assured

In some newfangled getup
of wool soaked in codeine syrup
her medicated cherry scent
made my mouth feel like it'd
been turned inside out with
my cheeks gnawed between my teeth.
It made it difficult to chew
the soggy bread she was flinging
at me as she sauntered past.
Some people can handle opiates
on high heels and she was one of them.
A special one with her arms all akimbo
while matter-of-factly clapping whenever
I asked about the situation in Egypt.
She toned her abs with a special device
that looked like Lincoln Logs in a pillowcase.
I am writing this to you from
a place poisoned with PCB's and auto
exhaust. My head is spinning on a molecular
level. Chemicals in her create jobs
for people that need work now more than ever.
It is a good idea to research her methods
and test her substances.
What can you afford to pay?
Because you're in it right now and
it's going to get worse before it gets better.
Thanks for the fashion advice.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if by fashion advice you mean "suspenders are the new bandana," then you're welcome.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Glen Green said...

"Some people can handle opiates on high heels and she was one of them".

Champion!

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home