Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Eau Duelle

If you changed one word
you'd be up all night
and I'd say: stop worrying,
I want your back and strong coffee,
I want them badly enough to cancel my paper
for a week while I'm still here. I'm feeling newsworthy
this morning. The ceramic coaster I put my cup on,
the cup itself; all the things on this table are spinning.
I spilled sugar water on my blue jeans.
I changed the room around with skin ease
and plum-tinted lights.
There's not a purer way out.
I'll convert to another product.
I'll invent a new math based on thrust and zest.
I'll jam out in order to become, and then, all I am-
which is pretty fabulous, when you really find it.
I'll show you love slowed down to a lifetime,
and then I'll bloom out over Brooklyn
with the storm clack of a sonic prince,
and I'm not kidding.

2 Comments:

Blogger hmla2599 said...

uh-huh, uh-huh,

yes.

2:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote "yes"

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home