Monday, August 23, 2010

A Dumb Ending to an Unpleasant Day

A dumb ending to an unpleasant day
maybe I should have stayed here tonight
not knowing whether it's fading or changing
I would like the sun to shine higher
I make names of people
just sitting revealing nothing
I can't place the days together
so it feels like fading mostly
I have these days and the power of suggestion
I have fewer medallions and more white pipe
My vegetal burst is getting to you
what I may have done or what I'm doing now
excited about skin and muscle
the shapes underneath are moving my body around
when people were shorter and explored movement
sitting in a living room totally sweating
sleepless and sweltering tonight
with fond memories of you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sad poem for a staycation, don't you think? i hope today is looking up!

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home