Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Terrific Light

If you were bitten by mosquitoes
on Fire Island then you'd need
to extract the waxy deposit
sack of half-digested wheat and barley chips
that mosquitoes deposit just under your skin.
I'll slow you in the dark. I'll mold myself
to your arm; my body will fold around it.
Your spine will curl into menthol.
Peppermint oil on your scalp is nice in summer.
All the details are getting you on.
Lifting your legs over time.
And then I can't get up, I can't dance,
I can't lift this pear even. So I'm going
to dance where the city light ends. I just
want that solid form like you have
a form, that: I want that form that is you.
And if you dedicate your life to medicine
or to the standard of relief
then you are in for a super good time.
This is me and here and now with us
under the rays of goddamn terrific light.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Kimberly said...

Sighs and loveliness.

12:14 PM  
Blogger birthday girl said...

Spirit Lake and Charles City.

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home