Monday, June 28, 2010

Poem for Summer

I could become entertaining if entertainment was something
you were craving like a good kiss in the middle of a deep
recession is just so relaxing in the empty part of the night.
Sleepless and sweltering tonight with fond memories of you.
That small of your back with the peach fuzz, that's more like it.
Pressing my body against the sludge of summer
as I try to stay upright on Court Street. Oh regret,
you are such a pain in the ass, yeah right.
I am lower than the 6th floor. I'm in love with water.
Maybe what I really need to do is make a mistake
that I can easily correct so I can feel like a champ again
in the dainty summer of my twilight years.
I'm there when you need to pick up icky things.
Remember when baby powder was supposed to stop
ant infestations? That was a crowded time. That
was then. Now just look at all that green out there
waiting just for us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home