Sunday, March 07, 2010

Electric Pony Light

This is what I look like when you're not looking
at me I feel feverish my eyes are bigger in your
electric pony light. There will never be more of me
than you can handle ever, I swear. Leave the heavy lifting
to my sturdy legs. Parts of me are strewn on the floor,
I can pick them up later. Leather wristband, cold cream,
and my lost in space feeling marking what remains of the morning:
you and your helium will. It's curtains for the
sheepish and sullen. They can suck it. What I'm trying
to say is: morning with you is a luxury in the puzzle
of my day. Give me the soft solace of your arms.
All amber-scented and clear-headed,
you move through me like a bright tiger
jolts the green with her stripes in the woods.
You might be more awake than even I could imagine
but the way coffee tastes in your mouth
when I lean in makes my spine buzz with jazz.
When you're not looking I'm right here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Kimberly said...

Love.

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this poem. Thank you.

2:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home