Monday, December 07, 2009

Top 11 Monday

1) "Too much definition leaves too much out." Adam Phillips, Terrors and Experts (such a good book, I keep returning to it again and again).

2) Seeing my life through the eyes of those who love me, a singular pleasure I occasionally grant myself.

3) Reading over my journals from 2.21.09 to now. Lots and lots of details I'd forgotten. I was really talking to my current self a lot. I love that I took so much care to document everything. Hey, I'm a writer, that's what I do.

4) Sweet morning of calm delight in solitude.

5) The coffee is good, like a warm hand lifting my heart.

6) Garbage guys: why are you so loud?

7) Running is wonderful: the breath, the rhythm, the joy of movement, being totally present--all good. Hey, I'm an Ironman, that's what I do.

8) So many texts and emails and comments from friends, I want to save them all.

9) Hibino Sushi with Drew last night.

10) A good feeling: A totally cleaned, dusted and scrubbed apartment.

11) A fresh, full bottle of Feu de Bois parfume d'interieur by Diptyque.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful. like you.

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely list!

6:13 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I'm so glad I discovered your blog. M. Stipe was raving about your blog to us the other day.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Todd Colby said...

To Sarah: Really? Wow. Thank you.

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home