Monday, June 15, 2009

Feu de Bois

If I could smell a day it would be Saturday
because I'm not awake yet I get a feeling that
what time does is memorialize what I love most
everything is radiant and new
with smooth skin and tight pants
no more melting or careening into traffic
having physical contact with ideas
about work or social systems and designs
an architecture that people can move through together
at home with friends eager to make stuff
for your apartment to help you break free of the past
the modulations of my moods are symbolic of nothing
so I'm building something really awesome with my hands
while I listen to you on the phone
I'm getting the flutters and shakes I want to bring
your attention to this one fact: I shouldn't be up
but I am words are so funny in the face of this
all things are spinning in a gentle cycle of now
reaching for someone and finding someone there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home