Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Breathing in the Brilliant

I can't talk about anything
without everything happening that I talk about.
In the perfectly refined music of my home
no-no business is yours while I occupy myself
studying in the cold, or the train
or the street. Someone might be selling
lamb sandwiches or wearing a lamb coat
or watching a movie with a lamb in it
as a central figure the lighting sucks.
Why just this morning I rubbed your nose
in my hair, or the memory of your nose
where it is a burden to remember
it could have been my thumb bent
just so. What is my leg? Huge dream,
muscles cover your ears - when you
pick up the phone I'm watching you.
The succession of days - the humiliations:
come on now let's calm down now
the tradition of the epic
is all about visiting an underworld
for some information or magic device.
I can't imagine seeing you
watch me dissolve before your eyes
well you better start getting away
from the city you should be at your best
with some products on the market.
And whatever other monster ails you,
a nap, the cool wind, my eyes are closed
during landing. A list of past loves in a notebook.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joanna said...

Wow. This is beautiful.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Maggie May said...

This is beautiful. There is something very soothing about the voice here. I love the repetition in the beginning, the lamb,lamb,lamb etc, is sooo perfect.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home