Monday, July 30, 2012

Two Figures in a Landscape

Red flowers on a loop
exploding in my skull. Rinky-dink
birds of insomnia float past
the great lights of 24-hour drug stores.
The glacial pull of time through midnight's sludge
is real to the people of my planet.
Shake a slow fist at the great pink now
or melt into the floor onto the neighbors below.
Honey and cream on blueberries in a coffee cup.
Flush with certitude, the mastication process
is gritty and vivid with crowns and caps.
On a roof at night is where the city looks
vast and ridiculous; a huge shrine
to sprawl like a punch in the face
is a reminder that I piss people off.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great poem! I want honey and cream on blueberries in a coffee cup and I want to shake a slow fist at the great pink...

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home