Saturday, June 23, 2012

Saturday Top 10

1) Alfred Jarry: A Pataphysical Life by Alastair Brotchie. Jarry was a poet, playwright, pataphysician, and avid cyclist. Friends with Mallarme, Apollinaire, Picasso and Max Jacob. He carried a pistol around Paris and would "carve" a duck at dinner by ripping it apart with his bare hands.

2) Push the Mule by John Godfrey. Super charged poetry. Every word is somehow packed with some amazing energy. I can't read him without wanting to sit down and write myself.

3) "Kaputt" by Destroyer. An oddly brilliant record. At first I wasn't so sure. Now I'm sure.

4) Bomb Magazine #120/Summer 2012.

5) Rogan Crucifix Necklace.

6) Le Labo "Santal 33." Intoxicating.

7) Stenciling the numerals "13" and "7" over stains on the front of 2 of my light blue RRL T-shirts.

8) Chief of Interpretation by Jennifer Kietzman (I reread sections of it this morning. It's such an awesome book of poems).

9) Swedish Dream Sea Salt Soap. Real salt crystals imbedded in the soap, and it smells good too.

10) The Ambassadors by Henry James. How did I manage to avoid this book until now? Henry James is a drug.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home