Friday, April 27, 2012

I Promise

I promise not to pile the pillows
under the covers on the bed in such a way
that they resemble a human body,
my human body. I promise not to
do that and then crouch down next
to the bed where you can't see me
while I wait for you to come back
to bed after you go to the bathroom
in the middle of the night.
I promise not to wait until you come back
and feel around the bed, placing your
hand on one of the pillows that is
supposed to be me and then realize
it's not me. I promise not to
wait a few seconds after you realize
the pile of pillows are not me while
I hide next to the bed in the darkened
room waiting to leap up and shout "here I am!"
I promise this will never happen
and I also promise that you can relax
if you ever come back into the room
when it's dark and I'm waiting in there
for you. I promise.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!!!! xoxo

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home