Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thursday Top 10

1) Reading back over certain passages in my old journals is like watching a car wreck in slow motion right before impact. Unbearable to watch/read. I want to jump in and warn the person inside to eject or swerve or something. Helpless.

2) Night Wraps the Sky: Writings by and about Mayakovsky, edited by Michael Almereyda

3) The pleasant feeling of being alone when I'm not at work.

4) Cioran, Kafka, Daumal. My companions last night.

5) The Death of Virgil by Herman Broch. An enormous, gorgeous & haunting poetic hallucination.

6) The impossibility of being gentle, loving, and compassionate all the time.

7) "The importance of reminiscence is its persistence." -Robert Ashley.

8) A room that is saturated with the scent of frankincense and myrrh.

9) Engineered Garments.

10) Thinking maybe I need to read more Balzac and Flaubert.


2 Comments:

Blogger Edwardtbabinski said...

I've read Cioran, enjoy him. But Cioran, Kafka, Daumal? I've never read Daumal. Tell me more. Also, your first observation about rereading your journal was nicely put.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Edwardtbabinski said...

Read much H. P. Lovecraft? He seems quite bent on depicting the insignificance of man in the cosmos.

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home