Monday, January 18, 2010

Take a Break

I am on my best behavior when I am
moving through the night. In my heart
is a hand so you should find this news soothing.
On earth you can travel through time
back and forth late into the night.
I'll hold you while you breathe in my room
where you are never here more than now.
You can lift your voice in song
in C in unison with traffic and the people
that call and whisper things, that tone. With each
word another follows until you have a sentence
and that sentence tells you to do something
like kiss or eat or reveal strange new animals
of your own invention of solitude. It's fun
and demanding. In the night there are words
you never use in the light of day.
The curve of each vowel like a body you
can't remember how it feels to be curled up
against your own fear of heights. Your love of love
or your desire for desire which is asthmatic and wheezing all
the time now. You can join the circle
and celebrate your breath, now you are breathing.
Good luck to you, and away I go.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love love love!

10:59 AM  
Blogger Joanna said...

I like this a lot.

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, todd. yes.

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home