Saturday, January 09, 2010

Make Haste Slowly

What I'm going to do is get better at things than you,
like spelling. I'll learn to do that better, and then
I'll learn to use words in a way that will make me feel
secure with what I tell you not to do. There
will be a moment when you'll ask me for something
and you won't understand my answer because I'll have moved
into a certain range of language that is inaccessible
to people like you, so you'll just have to guess what I mean
and get anxious, sorry. I won't help you because
I'll be swathed in the goodness of my own heart juices
which will give me a sense of purpose without being
arrogant or coy. I'll start dancing all the time in real time,
without a single thought about the old days.
I'll just be doing real things, like writing this
without thinking of you in the least.
See you soon!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is just so, well, perfect. XO

1:24 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

A plus. Plus.

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home