Sunday, June 07, 2009

It's All Good, Right?

It's just the night trying to get comfortable
with pacing in a line you're up so why not
put down the book and glide around
the room like an anxious skater in socks on wood-
Lou Reed can help you with that stuff.
It doesn't matter what you do or say
as long as the books get rearranged or the dishes
get done under a cascade of tasks, nightly. And I mean
there is a doubt in my head but not the one
you're thinking of a place and then going there
like Paris from a window only better. Sleep is something
that stirs us into committing to the math problem-
a door opens, a spark, some fire, and then rest.
Consistency trumps intensity which
might help you unwind like those people
on t.v. making medicine for political causes.
I'll be here you can call anytime the people
say but what they really mean is their machines:
you can talk to their machines late into the night.
Give me the machine that's a clown I like clowns.
I don't want to go over the side of this vessel
I simply want to enjoy Brooklyn's lovely weather
and anyway stunt people get paid large sums to do that stuff
and I wouldn't want to take that away from them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home