Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Taking Care of Things

In terms of laughing or dancing
she was a pro with the light coming
through the circles under my eyes
the public observes everything
but most things happen in a way
that is easy to say no one did it.

New pages are being written upon
all over town I see them distant or near
what is known as publicness. To what
you might imagine I'd add to that process
having made a decision to sign the papers
in delicate script making it no longer

Impossible to breathe into a towel
held over my face in the dark of the room
so I step over into a more wakeful glimpse
a place of blurring and blending no hard
edges to this smoothness so rubbing against
rather than bumping into so good luck with that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christine E. Hamm, Poet Professor Painter said...

but most things happen in a way
that is easy to say no one did it.

Brilliant!

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home