Friday, September 05, 2008

Today

I'm thinking about wearing galoshes
and a silver space suit
with titanium aqualung apparatus
the rock is smooth and heavy
if the tree is positioned correctly
all hell breaks lose
from the muscle that is sunlight
I'm not really all about that
I've stood in front of a thousand
people and not stammered
stuck to the issues
without the ceramic brain wedge
balanced in my ear
a real pelican, my friend,
is positioned near the podium
it gives my hand
something to fondle
while I speak
blessing myself
for getting out of bed
and not getting punched
in the face.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this your empirical truth?

8:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Empirical truths are so overrated.

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant. This is the reason I get up in the morning - just to read your poetry :)

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good idea, wear the galoshes. You dodged a soggy bullet my friend. may the sunshine on those muscles today!

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home