Sunday, July 20, 2008

I did it! Ironman #5 is in the books!

There were torrential downpours all day (to put it mildly) which added a bit of zest to the descent into Keene where it's easy to hit 40 mph without even peddaling. Whew. All-in-all I'm happy with the results. 11 hours and 9 minutes which put me at 22nd in my age group out of 268. I even got to run a bit with the pro Bjorn Anderson, who was having a tough day in the rain. My best wishes also go out to my friend Mandy Braverman who had a serious crash into a signpost while barrelling down a hill at 35mph. She only suffered a concusion and some bumps and bruises, which is quite lucky.

Here's some highlights of Elizabeh and me after I got body marked and one of me on the bike and one of me finishing. More to follow.



11 Comments:

Blogger MMEZ said...

Congratulations and Great job on your 5th Ironman!!Way to go!!

10:12 PM  
Blogger Simon said...

great work todd.

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Todd Colby, did you soak in a hot tub yet, you are
quite amazing! congratulations. xox

8:41 AM  
Blogger Anne Elliott said...

Well done, Todd. You ROCK

9:23 AM  
Blogger Ken said...

What Anne said!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Todd Colby said...

Hey, thanks everyone!

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo!

Nice work. No woolly mice to be found in Lake Placid.

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go, Bro. One thing's for sure: Colby's are great at going in circles. And around and around we go...

Love,

The Mike

1:06 PM  
Blogger shanna said...

yay, todd!

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MOMENT BECOMES MOMENT
WORD BECOMES BREATH
BUDDHA BECOMES BUDDHA
IRONMAN BECOMES IRONMAN

CONGRATULATIONS

MISTAH KIM

6:17 PM  
Blogger MandyB said...

Congrats, hot Toddie! You looked great out there... it was such a boost to see you before the start and even a bit on the bike. You rocked it on an absolutely brutal day.

Not sure if the body or mind is in more pain, but thank you for your well wishes. I def. got off lucky, considering my hospital mates had pretty bad injuries (broken neck and pelvis - really scary). I looked thru John's pictures today and he has some great ones of you. Put a BIG smile on my face... The good news is, I think I'm getting just pissed enough to go out and crush the rest of my season to make up for my missed opportunity. Any song suggestions?

BIG hugs and HUGE congrats to you!!

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home