Friday, June 08, 2007

Eagleman Half-Ironman: Right On!

On Sunday, June 10th, I have my first race of the season down in Maryland. It's called the Eagleman Half-Ironman. It'll be my second time doing this race which has a brutally choppy swim, and a flat, windy, shadeless and hot bike and run course. I'll be doing it as part of my preparation for my 4th Ironman race up at Lake Placid on July 22nd. Today I did a sort of a dress rehearsal, riding and running all over Brooklyn like some sort of lycra-clad jackass. In the context of a triathlon I fit right in, but in Brooklyn, New York...well...at one point while I was on my bike coming back from Prospect Park, a redneck in a truck with Georgia plates called me a fag as he drove past me--I just smiled, waved and yelled "right on brother, right on!"

Here are some photos of my day today:

My Black Beauty:

Testing out the wetsuit fit before the ride:

Jackass!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that Bono in the last photo?

1:09 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

Todd - thanks for the restaurant recommendation. I'll probably check it out tomorrow night. Nice bike, btw the way - I'm riding a Crono also. Have a great race tomorrow. Josh

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is nothing good about tri clothing. Even the Germans think they just look silly.

John

PS great Eagleman race. 12 minutes off a PR is monsterous.

PPS If you don't start posting poetry on this site, I will on mine, and no one wants that,so do everyone a favor...

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home