Sunday, February 25, 2007

Vetiver

The candied burlap shattered
when you threw it at me.
Why would you do that? What the hell?
All the birds are jazzed-up
on bird medicine. The icebox
is tangled in fishing line so I can't open it.
The elegant porcelain pixie figurines
are all shattered: 1,2 & 3. The
crisp solitude of this matching day
is a drag. All the muscular parts are glistening
(sugar glaze). The stars dole out fractions
of juicy plums on Oscar Night (c).
My pajamas were once my curtains.
You'll always and only have the sleepy
motion of a reptile. You froze your jeans
so they would last longer.
That smell on my finger?
That's vetiver on my finger.

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie R said...

i just found your glee farm and i'm pleased as pie. i've been a fan of yours ever since i read 'taking the bull by the horns."

1:03 PM  
Blogger Todd Colby said...

Hi Julie,

Thanks for dropping by. Bull by the Horns, huh? That was a few years ago...d'oh. Hope you enjoy the new stuff. I'll stop by your sites too.

Yes,
Todd

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home